Kindness Challenge Ideas for Kids
Midland Care is inviting people in the community – especially caring kids like you – to surprise people with kindness. Not sure how to help? Here are some ideas:
[Print the Kindness Challenge coloring page and this list]
- Make a picture or a card for someone in your community who helps others, like a police officer, firefighter, counselor or nurse. Mail cards for nurses, nurse assistants or social workers to: Midland Care Kindness Challenge Attn: Laura Burton 200 SW Frazier Circle Topeka, KS 66606
- Write kind messages in sidewalk chalk outside your house.
- Offer to help your parent cook dinner or make a special dessert for your family to enjoy.
- Create a special basket of goodies, with candy, artwork, or other small gifts, and bring it to a neighbor.
- Go outside when the garbage truck comes to wave, smile and thank the workers.
- Call your grandparents and ask them about their childhoods.
- Try to compliment as many people as you can.
- Let someone else choose a game or toy.
- Write a thank you note to your favorite past teacher.
- Clean up something that’s not your job to clean.
- Sit with someone new at lunch
In Your Community
- Hold the door open for people behind you.
- Put a book you like into a Little Free Library.
- Plant a tree.
- Make a bird feeder.
- Put change in a vending machine.
- Ask for donations to a local charity instead of birthday gifts.
- Bring a towel and dry the slides and swings at the park after it rains.