FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL: (785) 232-2044 OR TOLL FREE 1-866-394-3600
It's More Than Just A Place
Hospice House is:
Hospice House is a caring, supportive environment for patients and their families. It offers an opportunity to complete life in a comfortable home like setting. Hospice House provides a combination of space to ensure privacy as well as support socialization.
Hospice House provides a specially trained staff in comfore care and symptom management.
The Hospice Team consists of:
* Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses
and certified nurse aides who are highly
skilled in end of life care.
* Social services available to meet emotional
and psychosocial needs.
* Staffing 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
* Ecumenical pastoral staff available 24 hours
a day, seven days a week.
* House Parents provide family and friends with
a listening ear and a compassionate heart.
* Extensively trained volunteers are available.
* Medical Director provides medical oversight.
* Bereavement counseling
Levels of Care:
* Inpatient Care - Patients in this category
require skilled medical and nursing care due
to unmanaged symptoms. The care is directed
at reducing discomfort and controlling
* Respite Care - This care is for short term
stays (about five days) and is intended to
give relief to caregivers who will resume
home after the patient's respite stay.
* Physicians are encouraged to follow their
patients during the inpatient stay. Our Hospice
physician is available to provide care during
the inpatient stay.
Hospice Care focuses on support of the patient
and the family providing comfort measures in a
calm, caring environment.