Your gift to Midland Care makes a significant impact to those on our services. Did you know…
- We anticipate the total cost of unreimbursed healthcare and bereavement services to those in our community to be around $800,000 this year
- Referrals to the Midland Care Center for Hope and Healing grief programs for children have increased by 500% since February 2019. The majority of these children are low income, with about 75% needing scholarship assistance to participate in certain services.
- The average cost of hospice charity care is around $1,057 per patient. This often includes the cost of durable medical equipment, direct patient care, and medications.
If you are planning to make a gift for 2019, there are a few things to remember as the year comes to a close.
- To benefit your 2019 tax deductions, gifts must be received by December 31, 2019.
- If you are 70-1/2 and are planning to make a Qualified Charitable Distribution directly from your traditional or Roth IRA, you should be contacting your financial planner now.
- If you plan to make your gift in person, please drop it by our Topeka office at 200 SW Frazier Circle by 4:00pm on December 31, 2019.
- Gifts made by mail must be postmarked no later than December 31, 2019.
- Gifts made online must be made by 11:59pm on December 31, 2019.
For 41 years, Midland Care has been able to keep our promise to never turn anyone away due to the inability to pay for services because of the support from donors like you. Thank you for the many years of support as we continue to touch lives together.