Mustaches for Midland
Mustaches for Midland is a No-Shave November event to support men’s cancer awareness. Do you have what it takes to be our top bearded benefactor?
Men + Cancer
- 43% of men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
- The cancers that most frequently affect men are prostate, colon, lung, and skin cancers.
- The best defense against cancer is early detection – if colorectal cancer is found and treated early, the 5-year survival rate is 90%.
- Each year, about 20% of Midland Care’s patients are men with cancer.
- Midland Care never turns anyone in need of hospice care away, regardless of ability to pay. Proceeds from Mustaches for Midland support this care.
The Hairy Details
- All participants must be shaved of all facial hair on Thursday, October 31 and document their pre-beard state with a photo.
- Ladies or gentlemen unable to grow a beard may design their own with craft supplies, household items, or whatever else they have handy. Designed beards may win prizes!
- Participants must provide weekly photo check-ins of their beards.
- E-mail photos to Melissa Kershner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person photos will be taken on Thursday, October 31 and every Monday in November at 11:30 AM in the Midland Care Gathering Place at 200 SW Frazier Circle.
By registering for this event, you give Midland Care permission to use any photograph(s) submitted or taken as a part of the contest for any purposes.
Friday, November 29th marks the end of the contest. Beard Party and judging will take place from noon to 2 p.m. on Monday, December 2nd. Participants get pizza and beverages.
The general public may pay $5 to attend the Beard Party, which includes pizza and contest votes. Additional votes may be purchased for $1 each.
Award categories are:
- Best Overall Beard
- Most Original Beard
- Longest Beard
- Thickest Beard
- Best Effort Beard
- Most Creative Designed Beard
- Best Bearded Benefactor (fundraiser)
Registration is $20 and includes a commemorative pin!