Center for Hope & Healing
1112 SW 6th Street in Topeka
"If you are old enough to love, you are old enough to grieve."
Midland Care offers suppport for those who have experienced the loss in their lives. These services include individual grief support for all ages, adult support groups, Family Evenings, Hearts of Hope Camp for children, Teen Retreat, potlucks, memorials, and opportunities for expressive therapies.
The goal of Grief and Loss Services is to help those who have suffered a loss understand that:
- Grief is a natural and even healthy reaction to loss.
- Within each of us is the capacity to heal.
- The duration and intensity of grief is unique - no magic "finish" line
- Caring and acceptance assist in the healing process.
Services are available to all individuals in our community. Relationship to a Midland Care patient is not required. For families served by Midland Care Hospice, there is no charge for three sessions of individual grief counseling services the first 13 months after the death of their loved one. For families inquiring from the community, charges are applied per type of service. A sliding fee scale is available as needed. If you wish to attend a support group, donations are accepted.
- Individual Adult Grief Support
- Individual Child Grief Support
- Adult Grief Support Group
- Family Evenings - for children, teens and families
- Camps and Retreats
- Memorial Services
- Community Education
- Mobile Grief Support in schools, workplaces and faith communities
- Specialized Groups for specific circumstances
If you feel you would benefit from this support, please contact Suz McIver at 785-232-2044 or 800-491-3691.