Although not your home, The House at Midland Care was designed to be the next best best thing.
“Home” recalls feelings of warmth and memories of family and friendships, but home is more than just a place. It’s a feeling of comfort and familiarity that nourishes the body and soul and etches lasting memories in our minds. At The House at Midland Care, your comfort is what matters most of all.
We understand how difficult it is to learn that you or a loved one is in need of hospice care. The focus of hospice care is to optimize the quality of life. The priority of care shifts from a curative approach to maximizing the very best quality of life possible.
The House is a caring, supportive environment for patients and their families. It offers an opportunity to complete life in a comfortable home like setting. The House provides a combination of space to ensure privacy and to also support socialization.
Visiting hours are unrestricted, but staff has the right to limit visitors based on patents’ needs for privacy and a peaceful environment. Overnight accommodations for loved ones are available in patient rooms.
The House at Midland Care: Our Team
- Doctors, nurses and aides who specialize in symptom management and end of life care.
- Social workers and chaplains to meet emotional and psychosocial needs.
- House Parents to prepare food, bake fresh cookies and provide a listening ear for families
- Volunteers to deliver comfort items
- Bereavement counselors
- Other physicians are encouraged to follow their patients during the inpatient stay.
Why does a patient go to The House?
Patients needing two different levels of care stay at The House at Midland Care:
- Inpatient Care: Patients in this category require skilled medical and nursing care due to unmanaged or difficult symptoms. The care is directed at reducing discomfort and controlling symptoms.
- Respite Care: This care is for short term stays (about five days) and is intended to give relief to caregivers who will resume home care after the patient’s respite stay
The House at Midland Care Photos