Volunteer your time as a Meal Delivery Driver that is needed Monday through Friday as an “on call substitute” or a “permanent route driver”. There are six (6) meal pick-up locations throughout Topeka and two (2) pick up sites in Lawrence for the convenience of our clients and volunteers:
- Meals on Wheels – 2134 SW Westport Dr.
- Midland Care Center for Hope and Healing – 1112 SW 6th Ave – Back of Building
- Papan’s Landing Senior Center – 619 NW Paramore St.
- Lulac Senior Center – 1502 NE Seward Ave.
- Highland Park United Methodist Church – 2914 SE Michigan Ave.
- East Topeka Senior Center – 432 SE Norwood St.
- Midland Care – 319 Perry St. – Lawrence, KS 66044
- Theatre Lawrence – 4660 Bauer Farm Dr. – Lawrence KS 66049
Meal delivery bags are picked up between 10:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Routes take up to an hour to deliver to an average of 10-15 clients per route. Flexibility in scheduling is available to all volunteers to include: corporate volunteers, retired volunteers, families, students, etc..
Meals on Wheels is always in need of qualified volunteers who are willing to substitute for absent full-time volunteers. Substitutes can stipulate what days they are available to work as well as the areas of delivery that work best for them.