At Midland Care, Promises Made Are Promises Kept.
It's a fact: the physical and emotional challenges of a terminal illness can take its toll on a patient, their family and friends. But rest assured that Midland Care Hospice will lend support in your own home, nursing facility or assisted living environment. No matter what your living situation may be, we will provide care whereever you are. Our team approach offers excellent end-of-life care to meet each patients' individual needs. Care that focuses on comfort and serenity for the precious days ahead. Choose Midland Care Hospice. Because we are the leader in responding to patient care needs.
Midland Care is most qualified choice for local hospice care.
Midland Care has been providing hospice care in our area since 1978. Families now have many hospice programs to choose from, but hospice providers are different. It matters which hospice program you choose. Trusted resource Consumer Reports recommends looking for the following in a hospice program:
- Not-for-profit status and 20 or more years of experience.
- Hospice-certified nurses and doctors on staff and available 24 hours per day.
- Palliative-care consultants who can begin care if you’re not yet ready for hospice.
- An inpatient unit, where patients can go if symptoms can’t be managed at home.
- Ability to provide care in nursing homes and assisted living residences.
- Medicare approval. That way, Medicare will cover services, including equipment and home health aides as needed, plus counseling and grief support for the patient and the family.
There is only one hospice provider in the area to meet all six of these criteria: Midland Care. When you choose Midland Care, we make to following promises to you:
We promise to be your partner
We promise when you're scared, we'll be there. The moment you partner with Midland Care Hospice, we're only a phone call away.
We promise to listen
"Our family was treated with great respect and our mom got the best care possible. Not only did they take care of her, they looked after us all." Only by listening with a sensitive ear, can we provide the utmost in hospice care.
We promise to serve you where you live. Your Midland Care Hospice team will come to you.
We promise when your care is too complex to manage at home, our Hospice House is always available. The Hospice House provides a comfortable, home-like setting for those requiring a higher level of care, all under the direction of a full time physician certified in hospice and palliative care. The Hospice House is staffed with registered nurses, home health aides, social workers and chaplains whose specialized care is in comfort and symptom management.
We promise to respond promptly
- You will be asked about your level of pain at every visit
- Your pain will be prevented or minimized
- Your nurse will ask about other symptoms causing discomfort
- Care will be adjusted to keep you as comfortable as possible
- Any overwhelming symptom will be treated as a Care Emergency
We promise to seek moments of joy, and to support you through tears of sadness.
Chaplains, social workers and trained volunteers are available to accompany you through your journey. We have counselors available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We promise to respond to personal care needs on your schedule.
We will work with you and your caregiver to determine the best time to provide personal care.
We promise not to deny you access to care because you cannot pay.
As a community not-for-profit organization, we provide care to all who need assistance. Our billing specialist will eliminate any confusion you may have by helping you navigate the insurance system.
These promises are a solid indication of the Midland Care Hospice patient support philosophy, and of the services we provide for the patients we serve. At Midland Care, promises made are promises kept.