Take the Kindness Challenge
For nearly 40 years now, Midland Care has been supported and sustained by countless acts of kindness. We are thanking the community for their support with The Kindness Challenge.
We are inviting others in the community – people like you – to show kindness in surprising and unexpected ways. Not sure how to help? Here are some ideas:
[Print this List]
- Do some yard work for a neighbor.
- Go for a walk in your neighborhood or a local park and pick up trash.
- Bring in your neighbor’s trash cans.
- Leave a gift for your mail carrier.
- Invite someone over for dinner who you’ve never had over before.
- Call a family member you haven’t checked in with lately.
- Get prints of photos you’ve taken and send them to the people in them.
- Bring a snack to share with your coworkers.
- Offer to take on a task for a coworker.
- Send an e-mail thanking someone who helped you with a project.
- Clean up a space that’s not your job to keep clean.
- Compliment someone to their boss.
- Talk to a coworker you haven’t talked to before.
- Write a thoughtful recommendation on a coworker’s LinkedIn profile.
- Offer to go on a coffee or soda run for the office in the afternoon.
- Donate vacation time to a coworker in need.
- Give someone a ride to or from work.
- Be a cheerleader for someone else’s idea.
In Your Community
- Smile and say “hello” to five strangers.
- Offer to return a shopping cart to the store for someone loading groceries in their car.
- Buy a stranger a cup of coffee at the drive through.
- Give a movie tickets to a young family.
- Write a thank you note to a former teacher.
- Put change in a someone else’s parking meter.
- Leave a good coupon by the item at the grocery store.
- Become an organ donor.
- Leave a generous tip for a waiter or waitress.
- Write a positive note to a store manager about his or her employee.
- Reach out to an old friend you haven’t seen lately and offer to meet for coffee.
- Donate blood.
- While you’re out, compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is