Eating well is one way you can help prevent Type 2 diabetes. Check out this easy Vegetable Beef Soup recipe provided by Alicia Skinner, Midland Care dietitian. If you’d like to learn more about preventing diabetes check out 24 for Life.
- 1 1b ground beef (80% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 potatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 50% low sodium beef flavored broth
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can tomato sauce
In 5 quart Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef, onions, potatoes, and garlic until beef is no longer pink and potatoes are tender and then drain.Stir remaining ingredients into beef mixture. Heat to boiling over high heat, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally, until hot.